Friday, September 25, 2009

The 30 Day Triking Challenge with Sonia Guy Day 20

I just got back from my second ride today. It is so warm outside, but there are hints that summer is long gone. The corn fields are being harvested and the last of the alfalfa bales are waiting to be collected. This morning felt a little cold since I forgot to put on a sweater. I decided to go out for a second ride because we are having pizza tonight. It's a tradition that the kids and I have. On the evening that their father will be home we celebrate with a pizza party. We've all missed Ashley for the last few days and are glad that he'll be home soon. They can't wait to see their Daddy.
Having my trike rides helps me have consistency in my life. I know that I can go for a trike ride no matter what. Thirty days seemed like a long time and I wondered if the weather would hold up. We have at least a couple months before it really snows. Getting out there on my trike helps me remember that. I hate winter. It's so white and dreary. It feels like I'm in a padded room inside an insane asylum. At first it's quite lovely, but when all you can see for 8 straight weeks is white outside it gets really old. I do love fall and during the winter I have spring to look forward to. This winter I will look forward to riding my trike once again. So, everyone get out there and enjoy the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment