Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The 30 day triking Challenge with Sonia Guy Day 3

I went out this morning and it was wonderful. It was nice and cool with a little breeze. As I sped past the corn fields, I had time to let my mind wander it was awesome. Sometimes I scrunch up my toes while riding. I'm not sure why I do that since I have Shimano clip on shoes. My right foot got a little numb. It's kind of annoying.
Riding in the morning is ideal for me because it's cooler and it really is a great way to start the day. It literally sets the tone for the day. I saw some neighbors out for a walk. They are usually out in the morning. They are in their 70's and in great shape. They set a good example for the younger couples to stay active. We live in a community with a lot of senior citizens. For the most part they are healthy and active. The farm work and gardening keep them strong. It's important for all of us to have some form of exercise that is enjoyable because we are more likely to do it. Triking makes me happy especially since I can get out of the house for a little while without the children and have a little me time. This is so important for a mom with young children at home.
Last night I was thinking about how great my body felt and about how important that is. Women bear a lot of stress and I often feel it on my shoulders. We lift children and grand children, heavy grocery bags, stoop over a lot to comfort children an tie shoes, load and unload laundry etc.. Our bodies are not supposed to hurt. We have the power to help ourselves feel better. Riding a trike helps my body relax. I had never really thought too much about the motto that Ashley picked for Utah Trikes Relax, Spin Fast, Ride Trikes, but it's true. Your body relaxes even while you are getting a vigorous workout. I have to go now, but I challenge anyone who hasn't hopped on their trike in a little while to get out there even if it's only for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment