Thursday, December 17, 2009

Trident Trikes Stowaway I & II



The self-proclaimed "New Kid on the Block" Trident Trikes has caused a big stir in the recumbent world. When Tom Flohr, the founder of Trident Trikes first called me and told me what he had in planned I wondered if he could really pull it off. He said he was producing a folding trike with good components for only $1299. My first thought as a trike reseller was "that's way too low of a price," and my next thought was "I wonder what kind of compromises he's going to make to get the price down." Well, I eagerly told him to put my name down as a dealer and send me some trikes as soon as he got them. The emails and calls started coming in almost immediately. Unfortunately, I couldn't really answer the questions regarding quality until almost 2 months later. When we finally got the aptly-named Stowaway trikes in stock it was an exciting day.


There are two foldable models from Trident Trikes, similar trikes with a few key differences, named the Stowaway 1 and Stowaway 2. So, what do we think? Does the Trident Stowaway live up to the hype? Read our review and see what we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment